Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm HER-2 neu NEGATIVE!

My surgeon called me this morning I'm HER-2 neu negative. This is good. Very good. The HER is a type of breast cancer that's very aggressive. About 25-30% of breast cancer are this type and what was on my pathology report was pointing to a positive direction for this but, it turned out negative. My surgeon thought it was an interesting result. I was just relieved. Not out of the woods by a long shot but, its one less thing on my plate.

Now I think I have pinned down an oncologists. The person that sets up appt for new patients is on vacation (of course) and the physician's assistant is taking her place. She called but I didn't check caller ID and she had the wrong name and asked if she had called a certain number which she hadn't. After I hung up then, I glance at the caller Id. Well, shit. So I called back and left another message for her to let her know what had happen. Oh shit happens. I'm sure she will call back eventually. All these little things just feel like boulders right now. Crap.

3 comments:

  1. Two facts that I am super-happy about so far: The cancer has not spread out of your breast as far as they have been able to determine; and, you are HER-2 neu NEGATIVE! Breathing a relieved sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea the spreading we won't know for sure until some sort of biopsy is done, but the didn't see anything obvious. I'll take it for now

    ReplyDelete