Monday, April 12, 2010

Done with PET scan

Ok so the PET scan was not as involved as I had read. Or they just didn't explain it correctely. The sites I went to kept talking about an IV drip. Nope. Here's the deal. They set up an IV, bring out an large can of tuna looking thing which is got your radio active gluclose in it and they hook it up to the iv and inject it into you. Took maybe 15 seconds. And then they just injected a bit of saline solution to rinse in all in. And then they took the IV out. I was WHAT? that's it? The tech doing it says yea the IV just insures it gets into the vein other wise the whole test fails. Ok makes sense. Then they put you into a quiet room by yourself. Really nice recline comfy chair, blankets and you sit for 45 minutes. No sugar rush because I just don't think there was that much to start with. Or it was really concentrated, not sure, didn't feel anything when it was injected. Then they get you to pee because whatever is going on in your body its made you need to pee.

Then off to get scanned. Onto a table and the thing you are laying on moves you in and out of a narrow tube. No noise. Not loud like the MRI really didn't hear anything. But I opened my eyes once inside the tube and thought oh nope I feel like I'm in a refridgerator so kept them closed after that. Was in there for 35 minutes.

Chris was impressed because they said it would take a total of two hours and I guess the kid was timing it because he said it took exactly 2 hours to the minute.

Guess I'm impressed too.

Finished eating santa fe chicken sandwich and oreo cookie malt from Carl's JR. Yep I'm sleepy.

The fact that I was on xanax made everyone happy. Tech said to me before he set up the iv, so you're on xanax. Oh yea. He says yeeaaa looks like its working. Oh yea. Just don't see the point in going through these procedures sober. Makes it easier on everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment