Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chemo tomorrow

So chemo tomorrow at 9:30 am. They had trouble getting blood out of one vein today. That wasn't pleasant but, they found one that worked really well and said they would use that one tomorrow. If they can use it, great go for it. Got meds for a couple of anti nausea meds and one for steriods. The steriods I will be taking the day before, of and day after chemo only. Helps with reaction and nausea. Nausea meds as needed. This chemo that I'm going to have is tolerated well, that's not to say I won't have about five days or so where I feel like I have the flu and the rest of the time be fatigued but, its shouldn't be the retching experience that everyone associated with chemo. And they don't want it to be so if I have trouble I'm suppose to let them know so they can help.

I have some stuff I need to read. Tomorrow after treatment, I'm going to my parents to stay. For how long? I have no idea. Will be taking the lap top with me.

Love to all and will be keeping everyone update on this next leg of the journey.

5 comments:

  1. So now that i figured out how to do this, I have to email you directly anyway since I want to send you the jokes about men - really funny. I did really pee my pants (well just a bit) when I read it. Good luck tomorrow as you begin the next phase of this crazy place called life. xo
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOps! Too much info. Didn't know everyone could read this. I guess that's why they call it "Post" - you know like on a bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, I have rewritten my comment about three times now. There's too much in my head about the chemo process. So many wonderings and worries. Questions and what-ifs. I refuse to list them here, now. Perhaps later, at some point after the first round.

    ReplyDelete