Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Telemarketers and cancer

Sweet Mother of God you all know how I feel about telemarketers. Well I can't see the caller ID on my phone without my glasses on and since I've been waiting for call backs from doctors these days, I'm not taking the time to put them on before answering the phone. And the word is out. Out in the telemarketing community that if they call I'll answer the phone. Now I know what it feels like to be circled by sharks.

My pat answer has been now is not a good time and hang up. But, Lord help me there has been one persistint TM from the Angel's baseball gig. Same woman calling me over and over. Trying to talk to me about buying group tickets. We went as a group once ages ago, I don't remember being in charge of that but, I must have been involved somehow. I said now is not a good time. Called back, ok I'm going through medical tests right now. Called back. Look I'm dealing with a serious illness please take me off the call list. Called back. That's it look I have breast cancer and I don't have time to arrange a fucking group outing to the baseball game much less be able to actually attend it so take me off you call list. Silence, so sorry she says. Now I feel bad but some people thick as a brick.

2 comments:

  1. OH I am the queen of dealing with needless phone calls lady....at my last job they liked to sit and watch me answer the phone cause they never knew what I was going to do or say.....LOL plus with my sales background there is nothing I love more then turning down other sales people....just ask Sammy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt bad after but, gee wiz she backed me into a corner. She just wouldn't give up. It was the same woman that kept calling.

    ReplyDelete