Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Weight

God bless my mom. I love her, I truly do. And she just can't help herself. Now I should say here that she was an overweight child and so weight is just an issue with her.

I was talking to her this morning and she says, now I want you to put on some weight so you don't get too thin during chemo.

I said well, mom it doesn't work that way, you gain weight with chemo because of the steriods they have to put you on. You can generally expect to gain 20 to 30 pounds.

And she is stunned, shocked she says you doooo? well I'm so glad you let me know and I promise I'll keep my mouth shut about it and won't say a word.

Oh Lord! I just said gently well, mom the weight is really the least of my worries and there is nothing I can do about it.

She says well, I'm not going to buy you any new clothes, I have plenty of lose fitting things and we just won't think about it.

I'm smacking my forehead now.

I think its really going to be hard for my mom to watch her daughter balloon up in weight and lose all her hair. I feel for her because its just an added thing that is going to make it hard on her.

But, maybe my cancer will be putting another person perspective as to what is important in life in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment