Friday, April 16, 2010

Not begrudging

Should say here that I'm not begrudging a woman who is attached to the girls. We grow them, use them and become attached to them. I think it is normal to feel a sense of loss when one or both are removed and I'm sure I will. But, from reading and hearing about women who have breast constructive surgery due to breast cancer, there is this tone of yea I had breast cancer but, look at the big boobs I got out of it! Like that's the consulation prize for having breast cancer, bigger non sagging boobs. But, no one talks about the risks of having the reconstructive surgery, the down the line problems, the pretty much guarantee future surgery to correct shifting and other issues. I'm only getting older, I don't want to set myself up for future surgeries. Once again, I think women are making emotional based decisions and are not fully informed. It saddens me and makes me outraged at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment