Sunday, April 4, 2010

Good Grief!

Have had friends bug me about starting a blog for a while now. Who knew it was going to take breast cancer for me finally do it. Using this tool to keep all those I love in the know about what is going on. Also if I happen to help someone else out there through sharing my experience, great. Not that it is a special or unique one really as one out of eight women will develop breast cancer, but you never know when some small thing you say actually makes a difference for someone else.

I'm going to copy and paste (if I can) a couple of note posts from face book for those who are not on that so everyone is caught up.

I go to the surgeon tomorrow at 8:30 am at Hoag. She is one of the country's top breast surgeons. Women from all over the country come here to see her. This past week anyone who found out that is who I'm seeing just raved about her.

My feelings honestly though are yea ok let's whack the thing out and move on because its going to be the oncologist that is going to have the battle. Not sure who that is going to be yet but often one good doctor leads to another. So, if I'm impressed with this surgeon as everyone else is, I'll go with her recommendation. At least Hoag has 30 oncologist on staff. 6 I believe in the breast cancer center. Surely one of them I'll be happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment