Friday, April 9, 2010

Corks on the ocean

We are but corks on the ocean. As long as we can see the horizon we have the illusion of being in control. Today would be another example of that. Had the dog all set to go board at the vets. All set to go stay at my parents and then my dad calls. Dad is great. He says where do you want to be this weekend. I said honestly at home but, I think mom is about to lose it. He says I'll handle mom don't worry. So I'm now staying at home. Dog not going anywhere.

Here is some more insight to my corks on the ocean. Woke up one morning, had no idea by that night would be deciding to get a divorce. Woke up one morning plan was to make apple pies, didn't know that night would be in the ER with my gallbladder going out on me. Woke up one morning with plans to hang with friends, didn't know I would end up at a job interview that lead to a job. Woke up one morning plans were to take a shower and go to work, didn't know I would find a lump that would turn out to be breast cancer. Each day is a gift. A gift to be unwrapped and you just don't know what will be inside. The good, the bad and the ugly. It's called life.

Favorite Bible verse "and it came to pass" if its good savor and hang on because it will pass and if its bad endure and don't give up because it too will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment