Thursday, April 15, 2010

Impressed

My surgeon called me today to see where I was with things. Well, what she asked was how I was doing. I had let her know last week that I was going to be seeing Dr. Barth via email and she had responded that I was in excellent hands. Told her I was seeing him tomorrow and that a PET scan had been done and he had sent my tissues out for additional testing. Told her I was guessing that surgery might be my next step but, was going a bit blindly as to what was next but, that Dr. Barth's physician's assistant had said they generally only do chemo first if the tumor is really large and going to be hard to operate on to remove. She said if surgery was the next course of action that Dr. Barth and I decided on, to give her office a call and they would get me on the schedule.

Here is where I appreciate this woman. She is a surgeon and she is not trying to do any diagnosing here. I will tell you that you don't want a surgeon doing any diagnosing, because quite frankly they aren't too good at it. So I really appreciate the fact that she had told me during my consultation with her what my surgery options were, but didn't try to diagnose me, in fact she didn't even lean toward one surgical procedure over the other.

I guess Dr. Barth and I will have to hash it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment